Look at him go
So some people love Dagur’s characters and other’s think he’s a little too crazy.
These two gifs are some examples why I love Dagur’s character. So he’s pretty much off his rocker the entire episode but look at how hurt he looks when Hiccup just brushes off his “you could’ve been my brother, now you’re my enemy” line with “have it your way”.
Dagur does feel things, he’s not just a pile of crazy flakes.Thank you. And honestly, Hiccup sort of mistreated him from the start. Instead of explaining how things were different for his clan, he lied to him for a season and a half then threw it in his face like Dagur was the bad guy. I think Dagur could have been capable of change like the people of Berk but Hiccup didn’t bother giving him that chance. Which is why I also love Hiccup. He’s just as capable of being horrible to other people as they are to him and he has a mean streak in him when he wants to.
I haven’t watched this episode in a while but wasn’t it Stoick who decided to hide the dragon peace from Dagur? Even if it WAS Hiccup, he wasn’t being mean, he was being protective of their dragons. (FROM A GUY WHO TRIED TO DROWN HIM WHEN THEY WERE KIDS.)
And anyway their deception made sense — the Peace is still new, they’re still figuring out how to break it to the other tribes, or whether they should at all. It’s a tricky diplomatic situation and I don’t blame Stoick for acting the way he did. Especially since, let’s not forget, Dagur’s the guy who got rid of his own father so he could be chief.
Listen, I LOVE Dagur as a character, but the dude is batshit crazy and has some very homicidal tendencies.
Mind you, to get back to OP’s point, that little moment definitely did show is that there’s more to Dagur that’s just crazy. That’s why that episode is one of my favorites. I think he really did want to be friends with Hiccup and really was hurt by what seemed to him like a betrayal.
ALL OF THIS.
I mean, sure he may have some feelings, okay, but people who do evil shit, yes, they do have feelings. Sometimes they even feel hurt and betrayed (but have no problems hurting and betraying).
That still doesn’t mean they’re not freakin’ evil.
Dagur is the guy who used to throw KNIVES at Hiccup for practice and tried to drown him. What, at all, about that behavior suggests that Hiccup should have been nice to him or that he could change? Or that lying to and carefully dancing around his bully to protect one half of his tribe (because really, the dragons were now part of it) was wrong when he’d shown in the past that he was that nasty.
I mean this guy is implied to have murdered his own father for the chiefdom. There is absolutely nothing about his character that suggests he’s someone that can be reasoned with. He’s a bully, possibly psychopathic, and probably a murderer. I mean, hey, cool, they layered on some actual human feelings, that still doesn’t mean Hiccup was obligated to be remotely nice or honest to him at all. And I mean, this wasn’t a kid that shoved him in a locker. This is a kid that possibly held Hiccup under the water long enough for him to almost die. That’s attempted murder.
*thinks about HTTYD and HTTYD2 for 0.2 seconds*
*sees someone crying*
*thinks about HTTYD and HTTYD2*
*mentions HTTYD and HTTYD 2*
*everyone in room starts crying*
feelingsfromallison said: queen Anne's Lace :D
Would you rather carve pumpkins or wrap presents?
Honestly, I’m not fond of either task, but if I had to choose one, it would be wrapping presents. Carving pumpkins is purely decorative, where as wrapping presents has more purpose. It’s making things pretty and fun for other people and I can think about the person it’s for while I’m wrapping it. :)
I’ll swim and sail on savage seas
with ne’er a fear of drowning
And gladly ride the waves of life
if you will marry me
I’ve had a sketch of this sitting in my folder for a while now, and galtenoble’s gorgeous art inspired me to finish it! I’m so in love with these two ahh//
✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿
- Daisy: How old were you when you had your first kiss?
- Carnation: If I handed you a concert ticket right now, who would you want to be the performer?
- Jasmine: What color looks best on you?
- foxglove: Name three facts about your family?
- Allium: What's the best thing you can cook?
- Orange Blossom: If you could pick the gender and appearance of your child, would you?
- Calla Lily: If you died right now, what song would you want to play at your funeral?
- Poinsettia: Favorite holiday dish?
- Oxlip: Would you ever get into a long distance relationship?
- Primrose: Favorite kind of soup?
- Daffodil: What's the most thoughtful present you've ever received?
- Rose: Are you currently in love with someone?
- Amsonia: Would you ever become a vegan?
- Peony: What's your favorite hot beverage?
- Tulip: For your birthday, what kind of cake do you ask for?
- Myrtle: Do you like going on airplanes?
- Hibiscus: Did you ever play an instrument? If so what?
- Zinnia: Who was your best friend when you were six years old?
- Poppy: What color was your childhood home?
- Hydrangea: Starbucks order?
- Violet: Do you like where you're from?
- Locust: What was your favorite book as a child?
- Rhododendron: What's the scariest dream you've ever had?
- Queen Anne's Lace: Would you rather carve pumpkins or wrap presents?
- Magnolia: Favorite kind of candy?
- Aster: Would you rather be cold or hot?
- Marigold: Do you listen to what's on the radio?
- Heliconia: Do you like when it rains?
- Azalea: What's a movie you cried while watching?
- Dandelion: Do you think you're important?
Villains insulting Hiccup — Riders of Berk ep 120 vs. HTTYD2
-Request by Anonymous
Page 1 of 182